Vanilla Sugar Scrub
Oh goodness, I haven’t posted anything regarding a DIY post in forever, my apologies! I know most of you come for the giveaways, but there are a handful of you that come for some of my other posts that have nothing to do with reviews or giveaways and I feel horrible that I haven’t posted anything sooner.
With the holidays finally out of the way and us being caught up on most of our reviews I can finally get back to my normal schedule. Which in this case Tuesdays were always meant to be review and giveaway free. A chance for me to post and share with you all some things that I’ve been doing in my spare time. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been doing them, but posting them was put on the back burner.
The holidays may be over, but we’re far from done with the Winter our here in good old Canada. In my part of town we’ve just begun to have snow. It’s been snowing off and on for about a week and now we have slushy rain. So with that Winter being in mind and how hard it can be on your skin, I thought I’d share with you one of my favorite sugar scrubs to make. I’ve been making this for years now and first found it on Petit Elefantway back in 2010. It feels wonderful on your skin and smells absolutely delicious.
What I love most about this is that it’s all ingredients you have in your kitchen, so it’s not expensive at all to make. It’s very easy to make and within minutes you’ll have yourself a great new scrub that makes your skin feel smooth. This is also great to give out as gifts. By sprucing up your jar with ribbon or even labels this could be a wonderful frugal gift to give. I made these for my kiddos teachers and for a couple of family members over the years. They loved them. I hope you do too!
Vanilla Sugar Scrub
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- First step is to make sure that you have equal amounts of sugar. The amount varies depending on what size jar you are going to use for this scrub or how much scrub you want to make. All of these ingredients are completely up to you and so are the amounts. This is just what I’ve been using. For the vanilla it depends as well, depending on how much you like the smell because too much can over power your scrub.
- Mix in both your sugars. You can mix it with a mixer, but to me that just seemed like too much. So I whisked it until both sugars were completely blended together.
- Pour sugars in the jar that you will be using. Pat it down and then add in your olive oil. Now for me, the first time I made this I waited to let the oil seep through the sugar. Now that I make it every couple of months for the last couple of years I just pour the oil over the sugar and mix it together with a fork. But do whatever you feel comfortable doing.
- Once oil is mixed then add in the vanilla and mix it as well with a fork. Now if you don’t like vanilla you can use any other flavored extract or essential oil. But for the essential oils make sure you only add a couple of drops.
- Cover with top and store away or add a bow of some sort and give as a gift. This would be a perfect gift to give to your kiddos teachers for Valentines since that’s right around the corner. And best of all this is kid friendly, have your kids help with this, they’ll have a ball!